Wednesday, April 25, 2012

oh, you're still here.

RIGHT.

So, I'm not good at updating a blog. I remembered this quaint site today whilst on an unscheduled CX ride after my road bike had a disappointing mechanical. You would know this if you follow me on the twitter. I should just put a twitter feed on this bad boy and you can see the thousand of inane things I say every day. No downtime, no waiting.

If you have been following along on the twits, you would know such things as a) how last season ended (with upgrades to Men's 1/2 Elite and my first BC Cup race with those kids) b) how the off season was full of drunken debauchery (also known as working) and c) what's been happening as the road season has kicked in (new kinds of pain).

I'd taken it upon myself to search high and low for a coach, and went with the guy that suggested that I get a coach. Sugar Savage has been putting me through the paces since the beginning of the year, shaping me up to take on some BC Road Racing as a strength training/humility exercise. It's been interesting. I was shamed into starting in Cat B during the Spring Series races. Two crashes, one top 20 (yea yea, prove it) and nothing else of much note have shown me that I'm much more in tune to racing in CX than in road. No matter. Learning through doing.

Local Ride's Race the Ridge will be my first big race of the season, so I'm hoping it's fun. Again, choosing to register in Cat 3's, a little above my pay grade. Lots of climbing, corners. Possibly beers.

I'm expecting something interesting to post after this race. I'll do what I can to make Mighty Riders proud and we'll see you back here next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment