Monday, June 6, 2011

sprung.

road riding.

the sun arrived and I finally got the Lynskey out for more than a half weekend of fun. granted, I take the "good bike" out for trips to the grocery store sometimes, but it's been actual, sunny, riding this weekend.

this year was technically (more like theoretically) supposed to be my year of road racing. I had a plan, I had some desire, but I had no follow through. apparently, I keep it all for cyclocross. the rest of the year is hibernation.

I did a good bit of winter training, trying to keep up on my Mighty rides, not to mention our awesome Lilooet training ride (blam). this only translated to one road race during spring series at Bradner.



now, road racing may not be what I dig at, but I do like the crits. it's like the crappiest part of a cyclocross race (the flat, dry parts). but pair that with a good thursday park ride, and it's game on.

I hope to keep up the crit action, and see about doing at least one more road race before the CX season begins. and by the CX season, I mean the REAL season.

No comments:

Post a Comment